Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Three Days of Paradise

This has been one crazy summer. I decided to cap it off with what sounds to me like the best vacation ever.

I just arrived at the Marriott Mountainside Resort in Park City for three days BY MY SELF! I'll be here three days and I brought fabric and the sewing machine and a 12-pack of Diet Coke. My plan is to get two quilt tops finished by Saturday. But if I don't, don't think less of me. I plan on getting caught up on some sleep and spending some time in the mountains (thanks to my friend Heather LaPerle for the Deer Valley lift pass!).

As my two projects come along, I'll post pics.

The first one I'm planning to tackle is something I've been kicking around in my mind ever since our Wildwood line by Erin McMorris arrived. There is one pattern of oversized flowers that I've been in love with from day 1. I've got in mind to use a one yard cut as the center of a quilt and add a mish-mash of 2 1/2 inch strips from the rest of the line (sometimes called jelly roll strips) around the center until it is twin-size. It's going to be kind of a trial & error process because I haven't been able to find a pattern that is exactly what I want. I'll just make it up as I go.

The second quilt is Christmas quilt that I bought the fabric for last year. I had such good intentions of getting it finished and giving it away last Christmas, but it never happened. Now I'll make it up and keep it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment